Attractions & Recreation
For more information on Attractions & Recreation in our Upper Cumberland Counties...
Download this Map in PDF format, print and save!
Attractions & Recreation
Upper Cumberland Region
Take a tour, see & enjoy the sights!It all can be found the Upper Cumberland Region
»Click on the listings below for more information!«
- ArborTrek ZIP Stream Fall Creek Falls - Join us in the trees for 2.5 hours of zip-riding, heart-pounding, bridge-crossing, breath-taking, free-climbing, eco-friendly, unforgettable fun!
- ZIPStream Fall Creek Falls is located at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Van Buren County. We are open seven days a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day and weekends in the spring and fall.
The adventure park at Fall Creek Falls will be designed to accommodate a diverse demographic with opportunities for children as young as 4 years of age to active seniors who are of good health and mobility.
Many mapping programs have incorrectly labeled the roads in the park. While we are officially in Spencer, TN, the mailing address for our site is covered under Pikeville, TN. For written directions, please download our Trip Prep Guide. GPS: 35.657666, -85.359564
Fall Creek Falls State Park
1997 Village Camp Road
Pikeville, TN 37367
- Caney Fork Outdoors - Anyone can enjoy the Caney Fork River! No experience necessary...
- Since 1975, Caney Fork Outdoors at Big Rock Market has been running canoe and kayak trips on the Caney Fork River. Located just 2 minutes from the river, we are the original canoeing and kayaking company of the Caney River. We continue to strive to provide a consistently outstanding trip from start to finish. From our riverside box lunches, to our safety precautions of no accidents for 35 years, we focus on all the little details.
We provide a traditional river experience that is fun and safe for the whole family. We can accommodate any size group small or large. Your trip can be as short as three hours or all day. While canoeing or kayaking, you can enjoy swimming, exploring and fishing.
There is a reason people canoe and kayak with us again and again, year after year
1193 Wolf Creek Road
Silver Point, TN 38582
I-40 Exit 268 Center Hill Dam
at the entrance of Edgar Evins State Park
- Canoe the Caney - At Canoe the Caney, we offer affordable fun for everyone...
At Canoe the Caney, we offer affordable fun for everyone! From simple canoe rentals on the Caney Fork, to kayak rentals and adventure packages, Canoe The Caney is one of the most enjoyable and affordable family activities you will find in Tennessee.
We have it all. A combination of adventure and relaxation, available together in an extraordinary setting at Canoe the Caney! We play host to a variety of different ways to enjoy your time on the Caney Fork river, from scenic canoe trips, to kayak adventures and romantic picnics for two!
The Caney Fork River is a truly beautiful and unique experience, and we here at Canoe the Caney would like to share that experience with everyone! For information or to customize your Caney experience, click on any of the category listings to the left.
For even more details, or for rate inquiries or questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call! Our helpful staff will do their best to create an experience that fits any need!
17055 Smithville Hwy
Silverpoint, TN 38582
- Crossville Model Railroad Club - 4,500 Square Feet of Model Railroading...
- 4,500 Square Feet of Model Railroading located in the North Wing of the Crossville Outlet Mall off Exit 320/ I-40. This is fun for the entire family. The largest free Mall Model Train Display in the US. We had over 30,212 visitors in 2010. Home of the 65′ Mural/Backdrop dedicated to our Armed Forces and Their Families.
Free Public Viewing Hours (Central Time): Fridays 12-4, Saturdays 10-5,
Sundays Noon-3 PM. Visits by Appointment
228 Interstate Dr, # 109
Crossville, TN 38555
- Cumberland Caverns - Tennessee's largest show cave, a U.S. National Natural Landmark...
- Now open year-round, 7-days a week, from 9:00-5:00. Guided Daily Scenic Walking tours leave every hour, on the hour. Group rates are available. Cumberland Caverns also offers group wild-adventure caving, educational school field trips, cave-rental in our famous Volcano Room for banquets, corporate events, birthday parties, and weddings
1437 Cumberland Caverns Road
McMinnville, TN 37110
Phone: (931) 668-4396
- Cumberland Homestead Tower - Homestead or “The Homesteads” is an area about four miles south of Crossville...
- Homestead or “The Homesteads” is an area about four miles south of Crossville TN. The predominant building material is locally mined softly colored sandstone called “Crab Orchard stone”. There is a striking; consistent appearance of the buildings noticeable even to someone not looking for it, and that appearance is evident in the school and the nearby Cumberland Mountain State Park. Homestead was born in the New Deal under Franklin Roosevelt. After he was elected President in 1932, he implemented this program to help families during the Great Depression. It provided homes to 256 families of Cumberland County and created jobs for other residents who built roads, worked in the stone quarries, and who constructed the homes
In the base of the Homestead Tower is a small museum with historical items from the Homestead community. The museum displays different types of furniture and appliances a Homestead house in the 1930′s would have contained, as well as photographs and memorabilia. Walking through the Homestead Tower Museum is like taking a walk back in time 70 years.
The Homestead Tower and Museum is open from 1 April through 1 December. Hours are: Mon. – Sat. 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. & Sun. from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. For safety reasons, visitors are not allowed to climb to the top of the Tower during thunderstorms.
96 Hwy 68
Crossville, TN 38572
- Deer Run RV Resort -"Where Camping is a Pleasure"
- Come and stay at this beautiful, gated 200 acres RV Resort and Camp Ground located on the Cumberland Plateau in Crossville.
Deer Run RV Resort is the Tennessee ARVC Campground of the Year 2007-2008
Relax and enjoy the natural settings, wildlife, and private lake. Amenities include: 25 acre private lake, gated access, WiFi, full hook-up sites, swimming pool, Convenient Store, Church, Lake front cabins and many more.
The owners and staff of Deer Run RV Resort hope to see you soon and look forward to providing you with a memorable and enjoyable camping experience. The Resort is open year
3609 Peavine Firetower Road
Crossville, TN 38571
Toll Free: 877-337-8678
- Fairfield Glade Golf Clubs - The newest addition to the stable of championship courses at Fairfield Glade...
- The newest addition to the stable of championship courses at Fairfield Glade brings the total number of golf holes to 90. Stonehenge Golf Club features a world-class golf course, a beautifully appointed clubhouse and exquisite dining. Stonehenge is the perfect choice for a golf experience you'll never forget!
222 Fairfield Blvd.
Fairfield Glade, TN 38558
- Short Mountain Distillery - An Authentic Tennessee Moonshine Distillery...
- Short Mountain Distillery is Tennessee’s sixth distillery making authentic small-batch, Tennessee Moonshine, Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey from corn grown and stone-milled on a 300 acre working farm in Cannon County.
Now open to visitors Tuesdays – Saturdays 9am – 4pm
Free tastings Tues. through Sat. 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Free tours Fri. – Sat. and by request during the week.
Short Mountain Distillery makes 105 proof authentic Tennessee Moonshine available for purchase on-site in our Stillhouse Store.
119 Mountain Spirits Lane
Woodbury, TN 37190
- TTU's Millard Oakley STEM Center - For the Teaching and Learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics...
- Tennessee Tech University’s Millard Oakley STEM Center for the Teaching and Learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics is dedicated to providing cutting-edge, hands-on, minds-on programs and activities for teachers, students (PreK-12), and the community
Exciting learning opportunities are available throughout the year and seasonally, including the Virtual Theater Tours of the Universe, STEM Safari Saturdays for PreK-3rd graders and their families, and STEM FAB Fridays for 4th-12th graders, and Summer EXPLORATIONS Workshops for 5th-12th Graders.
155 West 7th Street,
Cookeville TN 30505